Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Whatcha Gonna Do About It?

I sat down to write my post for today thinking I was going to write the first post in my Fitness Resolution Series, but a few things happened recently in my life that led me to be inspired to write this post instead. No worries though, that first of the 4 post series will come later this week!

So this is the first post since my return for the Inspiration Category and I thought sharing this would strike a cord with someone. The mid-week is so symbolic because the beginning of the week has past and now at the "hump" you can move forward to make the rest of your week better. That, and the weekend is closer am I right? haha

I have been struggling lately with hope, purpose and warding off negativity in my life that has been bringing me down where I know is making me not myself. Who I am today is not who I was a year ago and not who I want to be. That is probably the biggest reason I chose to dive back into blogging so that I can focus on positive and give myself a path towards being ME again. Those of you following me now are so important to me because it leads me to believe many of you have been feeling similar to how I have been feeling. We are not meant to live our life journey alone!

My bf and I watched a sermon recently from People's Church Pastor Herbert Cooper of Oklahoma City (my hometown!) and he shared his steps for healing from hurt and the first one was to tell somebody.

"Admit your faults to one another and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results" ~ James 5:16

Here is one fault I am fighting with right now. . . happiness. . . Not the "my-life-is-perfect-so-i'm-happy" type happy but the "I-have-peace-with-my-life-and-where-God-takes-me" type happy.

I came across a post from IFBB Bikini Pro, Jessica Arevalo, that I just happened to coincidently come across when my bf sent me this fit pic of her today.


When I recognized her, I hopped on her Instagram and found this quote from her. If this isn't great advice, I don't know what is! I knew that I had to change my post plan and share this with you all. Here is her quote and a pic of me when I last remember being HAPPY!



I don't want selfish happy, I want the spiritual at peace type happy! Make that list, what makes you unhappy today? Go through each one and plan what to do about it! What can you do today to get you in that direction? It can be big or small. This post is my first step :-)

Leave a comment or go on to The STRONG Life Facebook page and let me know your first step. We must confess to each other to lead to healing, to lead to strength and being our best for HIS glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...