Monday, January 5, 2015

Be a Display of Splendor: A Mission Statement

I spent my holiday season a bit on a break just to get my mind right and get ready for this new year. I spent my whole New Year's day reading and getting inspired and I made a few plans that I am excited about which of course I will be blogging about.

I had looked back at my 2014 year and thought initially that it was a quiet year in that I didn't progress anywhere in my life. But that just isn't true at all because wherever I felt I had remained stagnant, God has been using to help shape me! I truly believe that I had made no progress in my journey last year because it was my choice to live in negative thoughts and maintain negative habits. Now, this year I have the chance to make a new choice to let the lessons I learned last year shape me and propel me into a positive year. 

On New Year's day, someone posted this scripture on Facebook and then it was the quote of the day on my phone's Bible app widget:


“For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.” ~ Isaiah 43:19
I was moved by the appropriateness of that passage for a new year that I didn't stop there . . . 

I then opened my devotional Bible to the book of Isaiah, read the intro, read that passage, read that chapter, then moved to the next day's devotional after that passage which then brought me to Isaiah 61 appropriately titled "The Year of the Lord’s Favor" which pretty much is like a mission statement for 2015. I decided to rewrite it as a mission statement by changing a few words . . . 


“ The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news . . . He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom . . . and release from darkness . . . to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve . . . to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of despair. [I] will be called [an oak] of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.” ~Isaiah 61:1-3

I have lived for years wanting to use my platform to inspire and help others. I want to use this statement to remind myself always that God has a plan for me but he can't use me until I make my lessons into productive actions. 

I have been planted so that I could use my life as a display of splendor. That is pretty powerful. So, I probably should be doing right things to be a better display. I am not meant to be a display of negativity. I am meant to display HIS splendor.

Okay, 2015, The Year of the Lord's Favor. . . I am ready. 


I feel a series comin' that will break down that passage. Get inspired with me and LIKE The STRONG Life on Facebook. 

What are your goals for this year? What will you do to live in God's favor?

~Melina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...