Thursday, October 11, 2012

What is Your 10-11-12?

The last two days were rough on me as I had to drive 8 hours to Pensacola, load up the rest of my belongings, sign divorce papers that felt more like stomping on my heart, say goodbye to a town I grew to love, and saddest of all, say goodbye to my husband. I got back to Cape Coral last night determined that today, being the first day of my new life, would need to be a good one.

Of course, I don't really pay attention to the dates since these days are all becoming a blur but now that I am making a promise to myself to be present in my life for now on, I just realized that today is 10-11-12! I was working on a post for tomorrow, but then I felt like I just had to come up with a fun post for today! Think of it as a Love Challenge for yourself. :-)



I'll call it 10 Things I'm Thankful For, 11 Things I Like About Myself, and 12 Things I Want to Accomplish This Year. I posted this morning on my Facebook Page about having positive thoughts so that you become a positive person, so here is a post putting that into practice. You should do it with me!

Okay, here goes:

10 Things I'm Thankful For

  1. My Pug
  2. My family living in Florida
  3. Warm weather in the Fall
  4. My health
  5. My youth
  6. The beach
  7. Knowing love
  8. The support of my family, a few close friends and an online community
  9. Finding a new church home so quickly
  10. Life lighting a fire under my butt to finally make my dreams happen!
11 Things I Like About Myself
  1. My faith
  2. My passion for learning
  3. My hair
  4. My ability to forgive easily
  5. My compassion for others
  6. My love for writing and fitness
  7. That I can fit my entire shoe collection in a small suitcase (I know, I'm a disgrace to women everywhere, but I'm actually proud to not have spent so much on things I really want but don't need. The shoes are a symbol of that ability)
  8. That I fully trust God more than ever and it feels good to not carry the burden of the unknown!
  9. That I don't have many friends. I have few friends that are true and loyal
  10. That I'm too nice. Maybe it's a flaw as well but I like it!
  11. My new belief in myself. I've battled insecurity for so long but my confidence is slowly building and I KNOW I can achieve anything I work for. :-)
12 Things I Want to Accomplish This Year
  1. Lose 5 more pounds
  2. Finally get my Personal Training Certification
  3. Work up to 3 mile runs again
  4. Get back in a blogging routine of at least 3 times a week
  5. Build my Facebook Page community to 100
  6. Save $2,000
  7. Start my business
  8. Be able to take over all payments of stuff on my own (loans, insurance, phone, etc)
  9. Buy a gym membership
  10. Recruit my first paying client
  11. Make a new friend in town
  12. Build up an at-home "gym" with all the simple equipment needed to train and teach clients to reach their goals

I think I could have gone on longer on each thing but it's good to get you mind on a positive mindset about yourself. So go ahead, I challenge you to share your 10-11-12! You can comment below, share on The STRONG Life's Facebook page. OR if you have a blog, do your own 10-11-12 post and share the link to it in the comments below so that I can read yours! 

Go ahead, what is your 10-11-12? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...