Monday, January 6, 2014

It's Been A While

It most certainly has been a while but there is something about timing in life that even if you want to do something (like blogging) it just doesn't happen if the heart ain't in it or if it isn't aligned with God's plan yet.

I used to blog about wedding planning, etiquette and marriage/faith related tips in a blog I ran for two years and when I started studying for my Personal Training Certification and embarking on my own fitness transformation, I retired one blog to begin this one! Over a year ago when I started this blog I was married but circumstances caused me to have to change my focus for this blog and for myself. The very last time I posted here was over a year ago just after my divorce was finalized. It was a tough time in my life but alas God had other plans for me indeed. A lot happens in a year. . . I found a new love, found a new job that allows me to help and support others, and 30 gained pounds :-/ Yep, that happened. . . but life has been testing me to the point where I am finally ready to get back and share my journey in the hopes to inspire others!

I did debate on deleting all of my old posts, especially the pre and post divorce ones since that time in my life no longer impacts me in the immediate sense since it has been over a year ago but then I realized that there might be others going through a similar situation and if any of my words from when I was recovering and rebuilding myself at that time can speak to someone, then I certainly don't want to miss that chance! Also, it is a part of what made me who I am today and I'm not ashamed of that. But for the record, I am with a great man now for just about a year and loving the ability to apply what I have learned from my past with someone who is a true partner for me to grow with <3



I'll probably begin by doing one or two posts a week to get into the swing of things but expect to find posts on faith, fitness, food and Mila (what? didn't think I would do something without a little #puglife in the mix did you?)



Be sure to LIKE my page on Facebook The STRONG Life to not miss my latest posts and extra inspiration!

~Melina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...