Tuesday, June 19, 2012

15 Day Love Boost Challenge - Day 5


I have to say that I am loving this Christian music only part of the challenge! On my runs and in my "me" time so far I feel so charged. It is as if God is recharging my batteries the more I listen to songs of worship. I even had an improved run time this morning. Was it my dedication or will-power? You could say that, but my dedication is inconsistent and my will-power is actually pretty weak. I attribute my run this morning to being fueled by His grace!

So today is the last day of the first part of this challenge that focuses on God. The next part of this challenge, the next 5 days, will focus on your relationship to your husband, fiance or boyfriend. The focus of this blog is targeted towards living a strong life to be a strong wife and having stronger marriages, but I don't want to leave out any of you who are single. You might be a wife someday and we want you to be strong one! So I'll try to put out some ideas on how to apply each challenge in the 2nd part to you!

Day 5
Drive-By Prayer
This type of hit-and-run is far from being a negative thing! Today and for the remaining of this challenge you will pray for someone who is a complete stranger that you see in the parking lot, walking along side the street, standing in the check-out line, or chillin' in the car next to you at the stop light. You will pick a person each day, and consciously pray for them. In your heart, truly feel compassion, for God loves that person as He love you! What a better way to live by Love! Pray that the person feels God's love today in some way. Pray that the person to be led to or to live by the word of God. Pray for that person as you would for a fellow brother or sister. You never know when your prayer for that person might be the only prayer they get! Here is to loving our neighbor!

As I was typing this, a young boy who I see walking around our neighborhood often, was out before 8 AM walking his dog! He was my pick for the day and it really felt good to open my heart to prayer for a complete stranger! It is actually quite healing.

Are you one that lives with fear, anger or other shadows in your heart? Maybe this can help you to take the focus off of yourself and by loving as God loves us, our souls will be stronger!

Day 5 Checklist:
- Do a Drive-By Prayer for a complete stranger

Don't miss a single day in this challenge and make it easier for us to be in touch! Please Like The Strong Life on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...